Through careful planning, Rucci Law Group provides the tools to protect your family and financial assets. We plan for the orderly management and distribution of estates by preparing the necessary documents, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney and healthcare proxies. We also provide assistance in the area of elder care planning.
RLG provides assistance and guidance in creating and maintaining the documents necessary to allow for distribution of assets and your care at a time when you cannot act for yourself. RLG provides:
- Wills: We provide wills for a broad range of clients with a myriad of circumstances and find the most cost effective way to meet the needs of your family and insure your wishes are honored.
- Healthcare Documents: We create a straightforward set of documents to enable your family to act on your behalf and according to your instructions.
- Power of Attorney: We recommend assignment of Power of Attorney to deal with unforeseen circumstances and to minimize financial disruptions.
Estate planning provides the basic documentation to set forth your wishes for how your family will be cared for and your assets distributed. In some circumstances, it will be necessary to explore setting up trusts to assist in long-term financial planning. RLG is skilled in:
- Inheritance management: Achieving both financial and non-financial goals in providing for your heirs.
- Illiquid and hard-to-value assets: Creating estate plans for real estate, family business interests, private equity holdings, hedge fund assets and collectibles.
- Special family circumstances: Documenting your intentions involving second marriages, dependents with special needs, aging parents, and the education of grandchildren.
- Cross-border tax planning: Addressing unique issues that arise with international assets and cross-border estates.
Trusts are flexible structures designed to meet a variety of estate planning needs. We provide guidance on when and how to deploy trusts to preserve and protect assets. Examples of trusts include:
- Revocable Trusts: flexible vehicles to have assets pass outside of probate court.
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts: important instruments to ensure estates are not taxed for the value of life insurance.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts: irrevocable trusts that provide an income stream for yourself or your beneficiaries with the remainder of the donated assets distributed to a charitable organization.
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts: vehicles that hold and own the taxpayer’s home, removing its value from your taxable estate.
Rucci Law Group has a wealth of experience in helping clients settle estates and work with probate courts. We counsel executors and trustees on their fiduciary responsibilities and guide families and executors through the probate process. RLG provides guidance in:
- Legal documents: Preparing and filing all court documents.
- Appraisals and valuations: Obtaining appraisals of estate assets.
- Tax issues: Advising on final income tax returns and gift and estate tax returns.
Rucci Law Group provides assistance in navigating issues of long-term care, asset protection, and Medicare and Medicaid issues. RLG provides:
- Disability planning for the elderly as well as the disabled
- Preservation and transfer of assets to avoid spousal impoverishment
- Supplemental and long term health insurance issues
- Public and private retirement benefits, survivor benefits and pension benefits
For more information, please contact Michele D. Gartland